One of my favorite signature salmon recipes. The Mediterranean medley of capers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and arugula compliments the natural flavors of the salmon and marinade. Quick and easy for a healthy weeknight meal.
Makes about three servings
- 1 lb salmon (this equates to 1/3 lb salmon per person, if you’re on the hungrier side – account for 1/2 lb per person)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- In a large bowl mix 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 4 cloves of crushed garlic. Spice salmon with salt, pepper, and dill to taste, then add to mixing bowl. Mix so salmon is evenly coated with marinade on all sides and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil or cooking spray over medium heat. Add salmon and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping half way through. I usually add more of the spices (salt, pepper, and dill) to each side in the pan.
- While salmon is cooking, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in another skillet.Once hot, add arugula, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and spices to your taste. Cook for three minutes, then add capers. Cook for an additional two minutes, or until arugula leaves are wilted. Remove from heat and plate.
- Once salmon is cooked through (it will be flaky and easy to pierce), place serving size pieces on top of individual beds of Mediterranean tapenade.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!