I improvised this from a Food Network recipe. I had some uncooked scallops leftover from the night before and wanted to use them in a tasty, but light appetizer dish for two.
Makes six individual servings
- 6 jumbo scallops
- 6 pieces of turkey bacon
- If using jumbo scallops, you will need one piece of bacon per scallop. For smaller scallops, you will only need 1/2 slice of bacon for each.
- Olive oil
- 6 toothpicks
- Heat the broiler. Rinse scallops, pat dry any excess water with a paper towel, and place on a cutting board.
- Wrap one slice of turkey bacon around each scallop. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon and make sure this holds the intersection point (where both sides of the bacon meet) together.
- Place bacon-wrapped scallops on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. drizzle with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook them under the broiler for 10-15 minutes, turning once.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!